Saturday, July 13, 2013

Publishing an eBook?

Posted by Atsumori. Category:

Now that my blog is so extensive, it's time to start publishing short ebooks of similar content to share with colleagues near and far.

How will I publish my ebooks?

There are multiple tools online that support this process.  There are also multiple tools for advertising, sharing, and selling these ebooks to interested educators?

My latest blog stream, the Self Reflection Posts related to the New Massachusetts Educator Evaluation Rubric, has spurred this next activity because these posts will serve teams and individual teachers well as boost their craft and skill to both meet new standards and to teach children well.  I also believe that these posts will support preservice programs in Massachusetts and elsewhere with strength since the posts help educators to utilize the suggested process with specific actions that they can easily apply to any content or skill area.

I'm excited about this project because a meaningful project always fosters tremendous learning, learning related to process, new tools, and the related mindset.

I'll carry out this activity in the following way:
  1. Transfer related posts to one document.
  2. Edit and revise.
  3. Transfer to an ebook platform.
  4. Publish on my own and/or publish with the help of other organizations.
  5. Share the ebooks with interested parties for free or for a fee (tbd).
  6. Assess the effort, and plan for next steps.
Whenever we embark on a new learning effort, our students profit as well.  Perhaps I'll be able to choose a publishing platform that I'll later use with students as they publish their fictional narratives or personal essays--time will tell. 

I welcome helpful tips or links as I embark on this process. I also welcome colleagues who are interested on embarking on a similar journey to join me as we navigate this new course of learning and sharing. 

As always, so many paths to travel and so little time.  Onward!


Helpful Links:
ebook sites



0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Followers

Alexa