Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Students: What Will You Ask of Me?

Posted by Atsumori. Category:

Each year, the children I teach ask me to meet their needs, assist their journey, and learn.  The children I teach bring me issues, interests, and challenges both familiar and new. No two years are alike, and I always end each year knowing more than when I started.

There's always one or two students that challenge all that I am as a teacher and person--they challenge my viewpoints, lessons, training, and beliefs.  Those challenges have served to teach me, develop me, and make me better as a teacher.

Long ago when I started teaching, I saw these challenges as a problem, an issue to solve.  Now I see these challenges as an opportunity, a chance to grow.

No teacher has all the answers. No teacher knows it all. No teacher can anticipate every issue, yet every teacher can bring an open mind and a responsive intent, an attitude that says, "I am here to serve you; I am here to help you learn and grow with strength; and I am here to care for you this year; lead me."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Followers

Alexa