Friday, October 18, 2013

Professional Research Time

Posted by Atsumori. Category:

It's time for another substantial dose of professional research.

Two summers ago, I engaged in substantial research, then I spent a year or so applying that research in a number of successful ways.

A year has passed and it's time to shore up my current understanding and foundation in education--that need reflects the speed of the learning and share rate today.

I never did finish Mindset, A Whole New Mind, The Medici Effect, and The Click Moment so I'll start there.  Then I want to read Invent to Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom.  I also want to read a book about close reading and math history, concept, and skill.

Without the research, my posts and tweets have the potential of becoming "platitudes" as challenged by a member of my PLN this summer.

This need also helps me to understand with greater depth my professional desire and focus.  First, I am most motivated by teaching the students I serve each day--I love coming up with teaching/learning ideas that motivate and enrich those students.  They truly are my muse.  Next I really like contributing to the greater school community.  Recent issues related to differing philosophies have hindered this, but I'll look to contribute in areas where there is a shared investment, areas such as close reading, writing workshop, and math content, and I'll steer clear of contribution in areas where the philosophies differ such as tech integration, 21st century skills, and STEAM. Finally I'll continue to seek and contribute to learning outside of my school system via conferences, edcamps, PLN interaction, and online venues.

Digging into the research related to the work we do does serve to inspire the best of what we can too--that's the well we need to seek to move forward in our profession.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Followers

Alexa