Monday, October 7, 2013

The Best Gift I Can Give You is a Good Education

Posted by Atsumori. Category:

I told students that the best gift I can give them is a good education, and that thought is at the center of all that I do. What does that mean?

First, it means that I need focus when it matters. Hence, I'll make it clear when focus matters. Yet, I'm not going to demand focus that's beyond a 9- and 10- year old's developmental stage. Therefore a small amount of instruction and talking, then lots of time for children to learn with activity, collaboration, and creativity.

Next, it means understanding my charge well.  What is a good education?  A good education for fourth graders includes essential skills, the 4 c's--creativity, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking skills as well as content, knowledge, concept, and student-driven research and exploration.

After that, response.  Listening to their needs and interests, and regularly responding to their efforts, interests, and desires.






0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Followers

Alexa